Purpose: To strengthen fingers and grip; to train proper fist formation; Helps to maintain flexibility and agility in fingers and wrists.
This is an exercise that can be done anywhere (at the office, taking a walk, watching TV, in the car) and no one will notice or know you are training.
The Exercise: (apply to both hands)
1. Flex the fingers wide apart and straight. (figure #1)
2. Curl the fingers to the bridge of the palm. (figure #2)
3. Roll the fingers into a tight powerful fist. (figure #3)
Notice: Palm bridge rolled inside feels like a roll of dimes.
4. Cover second row of knuckles with the thumb. (figure 4)
4b. Tighten/squeeze fist.
Notice: Forearm muscles tighten.
Squeeze and hold the fist tight 1 – 3 seconds. (figure # 5)
5. Release grip by unrolling fingers back to flex position.
6. Relax all tension in fingers for 1 – 2 seconds. (figure # 6)
7. Repeat often.
Casual Practice Examples